Kempsford Parish Council
Welcome to the website of Kempsford Parish Council. We do hope you find your visit helpful and call back regularly as the contents are often updated.
If you have any comments or suggestions (good or bad) do please let us know by contacting the Clerk.
Kempsford Parish consists of the villages of Kempsford and Whelford, and also includes the hamlets of Dunfield and Dudgrove. From the 2011 census we know there are 461 dwellings housing 1,123 people.
Kempsford Parish Council consists of 7 Councillors and a Clerk. Parish Councillors are elected by the residents of the Parish and serve for a term of 4 years. They are not paid and have to declare an interest in a matter if they have a pecuniary or substantial personal interest in it. The Clerk is a paid employee of the Parish Council and acts according to the instruction of the Councillors.
Parish Council MeetingKempsford Village Hall Tuesday 7:45 pm View Details
Latest Parish News
Grass- cutting Tender Invitation
Tenders are invited to supply the following service to Kempsford Parish Council for the grass-growing season of 2023.
The amount of cuts required is weather dependent and can vary from year to year. As an example, for 2020 the churchyards were cut 14 times, and open spaces 13 times.
Tenders can be submitted as a price per cut, or an annual cost.
KEMPSFORD - Please see attached maps for more details
Section 1: Both churchyards
· Mowing to a height of 1.5” and removal of grass cuttings from site.
· Strimming around graves and head stones.
· Treating of all paths for weeds.
· Tidying of leaves at end of season.
Section 2: Other open spaces
· Mowing of Cross Tree Village green.
· Mowing of Wakefield Close green, end of St Mary’s Close, Grass area at Tuckwell Road, Grass at end of Holford Crescent onto Ham Lane, End of Broadway Close, Areas at High St/Mount Pleasant by post box (2 pieces), Dunfield junction with Top Road Triangle, Grass from Mount Pleasant to Reevey, Reevey Corner, verges by School (2 pieces).
· Grass to be kept at a maximum height of 2” for all areas except the Cross Tree village green, which needs to be kept at 1.5”
· Occasional strimming of the following grass verges (shown as brown strips on map):
- Middle Farm footpath that leads from Top Road to the High Street
- Road side verge along the cemetery wall
· All grass cuttings are to be collected and removed from site.
· Occasional trimming of hedge adjacent to Reevey Footpath may be required to prevent vegetation obstructing footpath. An hourly rate can be submitted for this if easier.
Please supply a tender to include the following information:
· Name, address and telephone number
· Confirmation that appropriate insurance is held
· Intended frequency of mowing
· Proposed cost
Please supply tenders in writing or email to the above address by Friday 17th February 2023.
The successful bidder(s) will be informed in writing by 28th February 2023.
HANNINGTON ROAD CLOSURE
Please see the following message received from Gloucestershire Highways –
Due to serious erosion of the bank, we have taken the decision to close the Hannington Wick Road,
This may remain closed for a while until the water subsides and an inspection of the damage can be undertaken
Apologies to residents who will be affected by this.